The Fisher House
||Located at 15103 Old Taylorsville Road, this two story frame house was built in
1834-35. It was built in two stages: first, the rear section of brick was built, probably
as a hall-parlor facing east toward Floyds Fork.The two story frame was added after 1879,
and the house was reoriented to face Taylorsville Road.
In 1834, the Fishers bought land on the Floyds Fork area, including a mill which had
existed since 1823. John Fisher died in 1845, and Robert Fisher continued to operate the
flour mill till his death in 1850. The house was bought by Dr. Stephen H. Reid in 1854. He
died in 1870, but his wife owned the house for many years after. Some of the Reid family
is buried in the graveyard that is in front of the house. John H. Gilliland bought the
house from Mrs. Reid. Since the Fishers where such well know people who owned the
mills the land on both sides of Taylorsville Road is now known as the town of Fisherville.
Warning: Some Web sites to which these materials provide links for
the convenience of users are not managed by the Jefferson County Public School System.
JCPS takes no responsibility for the contents of those sites. Comments, suggestions, or
error reporting about this page and its links should be sent to the webmaster - currently David Wicks, Louisville, KY.