The Gilliland House
|1601 Gilliland Road, is a two-story, three-bay log house over which clapboard siding
was at one time added. the house has two exterior, stone chimneys with steep
shoulders, and is a good example of an early log structure. A one-story addition to
the house was constructed around 1900. The clapboard siding has been removed,
exposing the logs. in its current condition, the house is exposed to the elements,
and is therefore, endangered. It is in need of restoration.
The Gilliland family came from Ireland around 1800 and settled in the Fisherville.
area. John Gilliland bought his land on Floyds Fork in 1830, and it is likely that
he built his house soon afterward. The house has been owned by the Gilliland family
for over 150 years. the current owners are Kenneth D. and Katie B. Gilliland.
Warning: Some Web sites to which these materials provide links for
the convenience of users are not managed by the Jefferson County Public School System.
JCPS takes no responsibility for the contents of those sites. Comments, suggestions, or
error reporting about this page and its links should be sent to the webmaster - currently David Wicks, Louisville, KY.