The Masonic Hall
The Masonic Hall, at 15116 Old Taylorsville
Road in Fisherville., is a two story frame building with a low hipped roof. The
building is very plain and box like in form. According to oral tradition, the Masonic Hall was built about 1852. Title to the
land was transferred from John Seaton and Franklin Deatheridge in 1857 to the Christian
Church in Fisherville, the Baptist Church of Floyds Fork, and the Philip Swigert Lodge No.
218, Free and Accepted Masons. Possibly the building was then built. The two
churches and the Masonic lodge shared the
building until 1881 when the Christian Church, having built a church east of Fisherville,
sold its interest in the property to the Baptist Church, by then named the Fisherville
Baptist Church. The Masons and the Baptist Church continued to share the building
until 1951 when the Baptist congregation sold its share to the Swigert Lodge. In
1975, the Swigert Lodge built a new building outside of Fisherville and sold the old lodge
hall. The current owner is Mr. Mike Borgmeier, and the building is now a commercial
facility named Woodcrafters. The current owner is Elizabeth H. Sego. She
lives at 2600 Napoleon Blvd., Lou. KY. Its a member of the NRHP.
Warning: Some Web sites to which these materials
provide links for the convenience of users are not managed by the Jefferson County Public
School System. JCPS takes no responsibility for the contents of those sites. Comments,
suggestions, or error reporting about this page and its links should be sent to the webmaster - currently David Wicks, Louisville, KY.