Fisher House

The house at 15103 Old Taylorsville RD., presently owned by J. Cleven Iler, is known as the Fisher house.  Built by tp_fisherhouse.jpg (9715 bytes)John or Robert Fisher about 1834-35 and owned by the Fishers until 1850.  The village that grew up afterward, today bears their name.   The Fishers operated a flour and saw mill on Floyds Fork between 1834-35 and 1850.   The mill has existed since at least 1823.  The Fisher house was built in two stages.  The brick section at the rear was built first, probably as a hall-parlor plan structure facing east towards Floyds Fork.  The 2-story frame section was added after 1879 and reoriented the house to face Taylorsville road.  The house has been nominated to the National Register of Historic Places.  

 

tp_map.jpg (26586 bytes)

[Table of Contents]

Warning: Some Web sites to which these materials provide links for the convenience of users are not managed by the Jefferson County Public School System. JCPS takes no responsibility for the contents of those sites. Comments, suggestions, or error reporting about this page and its links should be sent to the webmaster - currently David Wicks, Louisville, KY.

roads

road improvements

bus routes

bike rides

tour

tour check list

tour map

tour itinerary