Objective: Students should locate and photograph nesting sites of birds, small
mammals, insects, crustaceans, fish, or amphibians.
Learner Goals: 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6
1. Assign students an area or length of Floyds Fork to hike and observe (1/4 to 1 mile
2. You may even divide into groups by the type of animal being observed.
3. Create a photo essay of the nesting habits of various animals in that area.
4. Research will have to be done to match the animals to the nest.
* Be careful not to touch or disturb these nesting sites.
Assessment: A photo essay, a slide show, a digital preview, etc.
|Warning: Some Web sites to which these materials provide links for
the convenience of users are not managed by the Jefferson County Public School System.
JCPS takes no responsibility for the contents of those sites. Comments, suggestions, or
error reporting about this page and its links should be sent to the webmaster - currently David Wicks, Louisville, KY.