Other Subject Areas and Possible Activities
1. Identify trees and leaves
along Floyds Fork
2. Identify edible roots and berries.
3. Plot anthill locations to study their population.
4. Observe spiders in their webs and their methods of catching their
1. Practice orienteering and reading topographic maps.
2. Make models of the cross-sections of a stream bed showing flow rate, etc.
3. Build a soil profile.
4. Make you own map of Floyds Fork, the Floyds Fork watershed, etc.
1. Take photographs of natural objects that indicate the geometry of nature.
2. Find the height of trees by triangulating its shadow.
|Warning: Some Web sites to which these materials provide links for
the convenience of users are not managed by the Jefferson County Public School System.
JCPS takes no responsibility for the contents of those sites. Comments, suggestions, or
error reporting about this page and its links should be sent to the webmaster - currently David Wicks, Louisville, KY.